Things to consider before buying the car:
1. DD must complete 12 hours of flight time before taking test for permit.
2. Complete at least one driving school, Skip Barber , Bondurant Racing School , and so on.
3. DD must be able to change a tire, change the oil, do basic maintance on the car. I would like them to be able to strip down an engine and do a rebuild , however that may be just to much at this point.
4.DD must understand that I will not under any circumstance have or allow a pink car to park in front of my house. Cars come in four colors only, Red, Blue, Black, and British Racing Green.
5. Just what is the perfect Horse power to weight ratio?
6. Only one passenger in the car at a time. This is a good argument for a older British sports car that only has two seats.
7. DD must be able to pay for her own insurance and fuel.
I'm sure that I will come up with more as time goes by. This is a very special thing that a father and daughter get to do together. Only four years, so little time and so much to do.
Cars to consider:
'60-'69 Mini Cooper, '62 Impala SS (283 or 327 car), '70-'73 TR6, '64-'69 MGB, '68 Riley Elf, '62 Belair,